A properly Feng Shuied bedroom should be a sanctuary that provides Rest, Rejuvenation and energizes Relationships. If you are thinking of adding a bedroom, remodeling the master suite or simply redecorating, the three R’s are your key to creating a much needed sanctuary that nourishes your body, provides a peaceful atmosphere and creates the foundation for good relationships whether intimate or familial.
The kitchen and your bedroom are the two most important rooms in your home according to Feng Shui principles. In the kitchen you nourish your physical body and nurture relationships with family and friends. The bedroom on the other hand is a place to nourish loving and intimate relationships and nurture you and your soul through being a peace filled calming stress free environment.
It doesn’t matter whether you are remodeling or redecorating, you need to unclutter first. Not only will it instantly make your bedroom more peaceful so you can sleep better but it will also remove all unwanted items out of your way making your task ahead easier. Clutter can be anything from stacks of clothing, magazines and books to extra furniture that belongs elsewhere.
Clutter in the bedroom causes stress and stands in the way of a peaceful nights sleep or will even create friction between you and your significant other. Clutter in your relationship area will cause chaos in your relationships. It will cause unwanted constant little health issues for you and your family if it is in your health area and area and little improvement in monetary growth if in your income area. When eliminating clutter, get rid of it, don’t just move it to another room.
5 Steps to Improving Your Bedroom
Once you’ve removed the clutter, the five Feng Shui bedroom principles below will help you ensure proper Rest, Rejuvenation and energize equal or appropriate
- Place your bed as far from the door as possible and avoid having your feet point out the door while sleeping. This location maximizes safety and ensures proper rest. Store nothing under your bed so rejuvenating energy can gently flow around you while sleeping. Be sure you have a headboard to support you and provide you maximum rest.
- Choose soothing wall colors in soft pastels to promote restorative rest and relaxation. Linens should also be calming colors with limited pattern. Soft blues and pinks provide calming energy, pastel greens promote good health energy and light earth tones provide peaceful energy.
- Hang only those pictures on bedroom walls that speak of love, calming scenery or represent where you want your personal life to be in the future. If you want to get married or improve your marriage do not hang pictures of single people but rather loving couples or things in pairs. If you want the bedroom to be less stress filled, do not use hang gliding or mountain climbing pictures but rather a gentle stream or a calming sunset. A word of caution, the bedroom is not the place to hang pictures of parents, children or other loved ones. All those eyes watching you are quite disconcerting and not conducive to rest and intimacy.
- Remove all exercise and electronic equipment such as computers from the bedroom. They are high energy pieces whether in use or not and demand attention. Your subconscious mind will not rest properly when it is constantly reminded of work to be done or exercise that is needed. If you must have a television in the bedroom, place it in a wardrobe and close the doors when it is not in use.
- In the southwest area of your bedroom energize your relationships with self and your significant other or special family members by adding a vase with two beautiful flowers of equal size and value matching your room décor. You may also use something like a pair of turtle doves, or two giraffes with their necks intertwined.
A properly energized bedroom should invite you in to stay awhile, be filled with peaceful calming energy yet provide you nurturing loving energy. If your objective is to Rest, Rejuvenate and positively energize Relationships, remember to unclutter first, place the bed properly, use soothing pastel colors and appropriate pictures to create your sanctuary, remove electronic and exercise equipment and energize your relationships area.
Yes, it really is that easy to create a stress free bedroom sanctuary that nurtures you, and a loving relationship while providing your body physical rest and ample positive energy to rejuvenate.
Download“Use the Three R’s to Improve Bedroom Energy” in PDF Format.
© Pat Heydlauff, All Rights Reserved
Pat Heydlauff, president of Energy Design, uses Feng Shui design principles to eliminate chaos and stress at home and within oneself. More than a Feng Shui expert, Pat is a consultant and speaker who helps remove clutter and negativity while encouraging personal growth, improved relationships and prosperity. Her new book, “Feng Shui: So Easy a Child Can Do It,” shows how to achieve a better tomorrow. For information on her consulting, speaking and artwork, call: 561-408-2708.Share