I get asked the question many times, “can I really get rid of the stress in my life and be more successful?’ Or, “what does clutter have to do with my success at work or even at home for that matter?”
My answer to question one is consistently “yes, you can get rid of much of the stress in your life through the use of Feng Shui’s positive energy”. As to question two, clutter has everything to do with success because clutter collects negative energy, creates a block and stands in the way of good, new things to motivate and encourage you.
How will Feng Shui help you?
Because Feng Shui is the use of positive energy to bring about desired results you can choose to use positive energy to de-stress your world through your surroundings. When using positive energy and basic Feng Shui principles you can:
- Bring balance to a stress filled workday
- Create harmony where there is anxiety
- Improve working relationships that are energy drainers, and
- Become more focused and productive
Two Steps will make the difference
Whether your office is in the corporate board room, a cubicle or the spare bedroom, you always begin by removing energy drainers. You need to remove all clutter and anything causing stagnant energy. That is where stress begins. The more clutter you have to deal with the less efficient and productive you can be which leads to stress.
- Remove energy drainers
- Energy drainers can be anything from too many family photos to stacks of files, magazines and paperwork – eliminate them
- Energy drainers can also be that dead plant in the corner taking up room getting dusty as well as the improper placement of functional items like the telephone on your desk – change them
Lower your stress and replace it with success by eliminating clutter and arranging your office and desk space to maximize efficiency and productivity. If that means getting new filing cabinets, eliminating everything on the top of your desk or finding a better way to use your computer, take time now to make those improvements.
Once you’ve removed the energy drainers and maximized your office for efficiency and productivity it is time to shift the energy to make it positive and supportive.
2. Shift to positive energy
- Locate your desk so you either face the entrance of your office or always have it in peripheral view, it is a position of power, safety and focus
- Energize the wealth, good luck and helpful people areas of your office
- East for wealth: add a healthy upward reaching plant, a picture of trees, flowers bursting with bloom or the color green
- Southwest for relationships: add something symbolizing a happy, productive and respectful relationship such as a bouquet of flowers or a grouping of animals (giraffes in multiple sizes) or something made out of terra cotta clay or the color terra cotta – this is the perfect area for family pictures
- Northwest for helpful people: something silver and round, a picture of the American Tour de France bicycle team (people helping each other win) or a picture framed in silver of people that have helped you
It’s that simple
It really is that simple. Feng Shui is another tool to use on your journey to success. It is all about energy. In this case you are eliminating clutter (stagnant energy) which creates stress and anxiety and using positive energy to bring about the desired result of success which is accomplished by being focused, efficient and productive.
Create your own positive energy action plan. Remember, to go from clutter and stress to success simply remove energy drainers and shift the energy. You will change your world into an energized, stress free, productive environment with a minimum amount of time, work and effort.
Download “From Clutter and Stress to Success” in PDF Format.
© Pat Heydlauff, All Rights Reserved
Pat Heydlauff, president of Energy Design, uses Feng Shui design principles to eliminate chaos and stress at home and within oneself. More than a Feng Shui expert, Pat is a consultant and speaker who helps remove clutter and negativity while encouraging personal growth, improved relationships and prosperity. Her new book, “Feng Shui: So Easy a Child Can Do It,” shows how to achieve a better tomorrow. For information on her consulting, speaking and artwork, call: 561-408-2708.Share