When reading books about Feng Shui you often see something like “Feng Shui is a Chinese system for arranging space and the placement of things to bring balance and harmony into your life.” Or, “it’s all about flow and the movement of energy.” Or, “it’s a way to clear space.”
Each one of these statements is correct as stated but very limiting. Feng Shui is so much more than just placement of things or a way to clear the clutter. Feng Shui is a way of life. It is about bringing your personal environment and you into harmony both externally and internally so you can live a better life and enjoy it more. It is a method for living your life through which you can improve relationships, health, wealth, creativity and abundance.
Feng Shui will help you live a better life and more abundantly. It is that simple. Feng Shui really works. It isn’t magic, it isn’t a religion, and it isn’t a Band-Aid but rather the use of positive energy in your life to create a better life. By using my simplified approach, everyone can apply it to their lives and have positive results. Try any one of these five Feng Shui principles today and you will enjoy a better tomorrow.
Five Ways to a Better Tomorrow
- Revitalize your joy in life so you can enjoy life more. Simplify your life and all your commitments so that you only do those things that are necessary to care for yourself and/or your family plus those things that help others in need or bring you joy. To energize the revitalization of joy in your life look in the mirror every morning and say “I will do only those things today that will fulfill my needs and/or bring me joy.”
- Reinvent your future so it is what you want, not what others dictate. Evaluate how you spend your time at work and at home. If you are spending over 50% of your time at work doing things you hate, it is time to change. If your time spent at home needs adjusting, don’t just talk about it, do it. To energize reinventing your future create an Intentions Board and place on it pictures and things that represent what you want your future to look like.
- Improve your health so you can do more than just survive each day. Be sure to exercise a little every day whether that means playing tennis, golf or walking your dog. At the same time, look at what you are eating. If you don’t take good care of your body, where will you live? To energize a healthier you, place a beautiful healthy upward reaching plant in the east area of your bedroom or living room. Be sure to water and feed it regularly to keep it growing and healthy. It will be your reminder to do the same for your body.
- Increase your time so you can do the things you want to do. Unclutter your world so you have less stagnant energy in your life which will allow new energy to enter. With less clutter to care for, you will automatically have more time to do what you want to do, not what you have to do. Place boxes or bags in all closets and the garage for clutter. Make it a weekly habit to go through these areas and remove clutter so it does not collect and become negative energy.
- Grow your wealth so you don’t have to worry about tomorrow. Nurture and guard your income much like you would care for a precious plant in your home. Always spend just a little (or a lot) less money than you receive every month and place it somewhere it can grow. This applies to those young and old. You are never too young or too old to increase your wealth. To energize this, place a money pot made out of wood in the southeast area of your office or bedroom and put seven US dollar coins in the container.
By doing any one of the above you will immediately create a better flow of energy in your personal environment and have a better tomorrow. If you choose to do all five of the above, six months from now you will be a totally different person living a better life and perhaps even living in a new community.
Feng Shui really does work when you apply it. And the more areas of your life you apply it to, the better your life will be. It is a formula for living. When you apply that formula to your life, the result is a better tomorrow that you can enjoy more.
Download “Five Reasons to use Feng Shui” in PDF Format.
© Pat Heydlauff, All Rights Reserved
Pat Heydlauff, president of Energy Design, uses Feng Shui design principles to eliminate chaos and stress at home and within oneself. More than a Feng Shui expert, Pat is a consultant and speaker who helps remove clutter and negativity while encouraging personal growth, improved relationships and prosperity. Her new book, “Feng Shui: So Easy a Child Can Do It,” shows how to achieve a better tomorrow. For information on her consulting, speaking and artwork, call: 561-408-2708.Share