Feng Shui is often described as a Chinese system for arranging space and the placement of things to bring balance and harmony into your life. Or, it’s all about flow and the movement of energy, or, it’s a way to clear space.
In reality, all of these statements are partially true but very limiting. Feng Shui is so much more than just the placement of things or a way to clear the clutter. Feng Shui is a way of life. It is the use of positive energy in your life to bring about the results you desire. It is about bringing your personal environment and yourself into harmony both externally and internally so you can live a better life and enjoy it more.
Feng Shui is a method for living your life through which you can improve your relationships, health, wealth, creativity and abundance. Its principles will help you live a better life and live it more abundantly. It is that simple.
Feng Shui isn’t magic, it isn’t a religion, and it isn’t a Band-Aid but rather the use of positive energy to create a better life. By using my simplified approach, everyone can apply it to their lives and have positive results. Use these five Feng Shui principles today and you will realize a better tomorrow.
Five Ways to Fuel a Better Tomorrow
- Renew joy – you will enjoy life more. Simplify your life and all your commitments so that you only do those things that are necessary to care for yourself and/or your family plus those things that help others in need or bring you joy. Energize the renewal of joy in your life by looking in the mirror every morning and say I will do only those things today that will fulfill my needs and/or bring me joy.
- Redesign your future – create the life you want, not what others dictate. Evaluate how you spend your time at work and at home. If you are spending over 50 percent of your time at work doing things you hate, perhaps it is time to change gears. If your personal time needs adjusting, don’t just talk about it, do it. To energize your “new” future, create an Intentions Board and place on it pictures and things that represent what you want your future to look like. If you can shape it in your mind, you will find it in your life.
- Upgrade your health – do more than just survive each day. Exercise a little every day whether that means going to the gym or just getting fresh air by playing tennis or golf or even walking your dog. Look at what you are eating – get rid of the negative energy foods. If you don’t take good care of your body, where will you live? Energize a healthier you by placing a beautiful healthy upward reaching plant in the east area of your bedroom or living room. Water and feed it regularly to keep it growing and healthy. It will remind you to do the same for your body.
- Expand time – do not do only the “have to” things but free up time to do what you want to do. Unclutter your world, physically and mentally, so you have less stagnant energy in your life, which allows new energy to enter. Less clutter to care for yields more time to do more of what you want. Place boxes or bags in all closets and the garage for clutter. Make it a weekly habit to go through these areas quickly and remove clutter so it does not collect and become a time and energy drainer.
- Increase wealth — don’t worry about tomorrow, create a roadmap to increase your wealth. Nurture and guard your income much like you would care for a precious pet. Always spend just a little (or a lot) less money than you receive every month and place it somewhere it can grow. This applies to young and old alike. Energize wealth by placing a money pot made out of wood in the southeast area of your office or bedroom and put seven U.S. dollar coins in the container to focus energy on increasing wealth.
Use Feng Shui principles to create a better flow of energy in your personal environment and have a better tomorrow. Remember, shifting energy isn’t an immediate fix; it can take up to six months to show results. Feng Shui does work — it is a formula for living. When you apply that formula to your life, the result is a better tomorrow that you can enjoy more.
© Pat Heydlauff, All Rights Reserved
Pat Heydlauff, president of Energy Design, uses Feng Shui design principles to eliminate chaos and stress at home and within oneself. More than a Feng Shui expert, Pat is a consultant and speaker who helps remove clutter and negativity while encouraging personal growth, improved relationships and prosperity. Her new book, “Feng Shui: So Easy a Child Can Do It,” shows how to achieve a better tomorrow. For information on her consulting, speaking and artwork, call: 561-408-2708.