With the holidays fast approaching, I am often asked “is there such a thing as a really good Feng Shui gift?” “What should I look for when trying to purchase a great Feng Shui gift for someone special on my list?” “Is there a terrific Feng Shui gift I can give my boss?” The gift list requests go on and on.
Yes, there are numerous great Feng Shui oriented gifts that can be purchased, in many cases for quite reasonable amounts of money – gifts that continue to give all year long. However, the first thing you need to know about gift giving is the criteria or process for choosing a gift to give.
Give a Gift Your Recipient would love to Receive
Many people assume that you can simply go to a store, pick out something that you would like to give another person, buy it, wrap it and give it to them. Well, that may work for some but the secret in gift giving is in knowing what the other person would love to receive, not what you would love to give them. There is a vast difference between these two options.
Choose all of your gifts based on knowing that the recipient would love to receive the gift you’ve chosen. For example, you may see a beautiful porcelain piece that you think would look perfect on your friend’s coffee table. But, you forget to take into consideration that your friend does not like anything even remotely resembling a knick-knack or more currently referred to as a “dustable.” All of your time, hard earned money and good intentions are wasted because, even though your friend will appreciate the thought behind the gift, she or he will certainly not appreciate your gift sitting on his or her coffee table taking up space and needing dusting every week.
Great Feng Shui Gifts
Now that you know the secret for giving the perfect gift, below are seven ideas that would make great positive energy gifts to bestow upon your family and friends.
- Since gift giving is all about relationships, especially your relationship with the recipient, give a gift that is symbolic of a good relationship such as two tickets to a movie or the theater you can share. Or, if the recipient is a family member, parent or spouse, give a beautifully framed picture of you or you and the family or you and your spouse at a very joy filled event. If the gift is for a sweetheart you might consider a lovely double heart shaped crystal bud vase with two fresh roses in his or her favorite color and a promise to fill it once a week for the next three months.
- Create a Money Pot as a gift. Purchase a small attractive wooden container and place into it seven US silver dollar coins. You can also use the new US gold dollar coins or if the gift is for a lady, use the US Susan B. Anthony dollar coins. This should be placed in the southeast area of the living room or an office. This makes a great personal gift or a gift for your boss. For those that like plants, a money plant or indoor lucky bamboo would also serve the same purpose.
- Feng Shui Music can be purchased at most music stores and online. There are a number of wonderful CDs available or check out Steve Halpern online. Any of his music will also work. This type of music can be played anytime and anywhere. It will lift the spirits, eliminate stress and nourish the soul.
- A Photo Album filled with years of memories is a great positive energy gift. This works best if you obtain the album ahead of time and actually put together several pages of the album with great pictures of the recipient, you and anyone else the recipient is particularly fond of. Be sure to include pictures of a few places the recipient has also traveled that were filled with wonderful memories of past joy. Leave some pages empty for adding new pictures.
- An indoor Tabletop Water Fountain placed near the front door encourages positive welcoming energy to enter the home or office. If it is placed in the north it also energizes career and Devine spiritualness. Make sure it has a pleasant sound but not overwhelming. If it makes no sound look for another style. Sound is as important as appearance.
- Wind Chimes that hang outside near the front door encourage great new energy to enter the home. Once again sound is as important as appearance. Do not purchase something so loud that it will annoy the neighbors or your recipient. There are many hand tuned wind chimes available in garden stores along with unique ones made out of bamboo. The bamboo has an unusually soothing sound.
- Purchase a day or a few hours at a Day Spa to provide the recipient a wonderfully soothing relaxed few hours. This can be as simple as a pedicure and manicure gift full body massage or an extravagant gift certificate that includes a year of hair styling or maintenance. This gift just keeps on giving whether it is used immediately or three months from now when it might be needed the most.
Remember the secret to gift giving – give a gift your recipient will want and love, not one you want to give. Then try any of the above great positive energy Feng Shui gifts for loved ones, friends and hostess gifts throughout the holiday season or all year long.
Download “7 Great Feng Shui Gifts for Holiday Giving” in PDF Format.
© Pat Heydlauff, All Rights Reserved
Pat Heydlauff, president of Energy Design, uses Feng Shui design principles to eliminate chaos and stress at home and within oneself. More than a Feng Shui expert, Pat is a consultant and speaker who helps remove clutter and negativity while encouraging personal growth, improved relationships and prosperity. Her new book, “Feng Shui: So Easy a Child Can Do It,” shows how to achieve a better tomorrow. For information on her consulting, speaking and artwork, call: 561-408-2708.Share